Cyborg V.7 Keyboard Reviewed
A few months ago we reviewed the Cyborg V.5 Keyboard, now it is time to move onto the next product and have a in-depth look into the Cyborg V.7 Keyboard. Built for the 21st century gaming, the V.7 embodies the true essence of the Cyborg Range.
On its arrival, the Cyborg V.7 Keyboard was packed up thightly in a strong cardboard box for safe shipment. The front of the box had a big image of the keyboard , including some of its most important features. On the sides, there were more images showcasing the keyboard, aswell as a few more of its features in different languages.
The box contained a User Manual, a list of Support Centers, a wrist stand of course the main part of this article, the Cyborg V.7 Keyboard.
Over the next topics, we will be taking a in-depth look into the keyboard, aswell as its features and of course some images.
- Built for 21st century gaming, the V.7 embodies the true essence of the Cyborg range.
- Multi-color Backlighting – Tru-Vu™ illuminations allow you to set the mood and illuminate your world, mixing shades from Red through Amber to Green.
- Touch-sensitive, backlit dashboard Control Panel – Configure your lighting, media and volume controls with the brush of a finger.
- WASD, cursor, ‘Cyborg’ and NumPad keys can be lit independently from the rest of the keyboard to highlight commonly used gaming keys – Set each area to your preferred color or brightness to make the keyboard battle ready.
- Cyborg Mode – Instantly disable the Windows® keys and change the color and brightness of your gaming keys at the touch of a button.
- Set and forget – Persistent key illumination settings ensure your color combinations remain intact, even after a system reboot.
- 12 programmable ‘Cyborg’ keys – Store your favorite macros for buying equipment, activating abilities or just for initiating your favorite trash talk.
- Powerful ST Programming Software – Create profiles for each game that you play in order to save different button configurations.
- Hard wearing, metal-plated key caps in key gaming areas are designed to withstand the punishment that pro gamers demand.
- Pass-through USB, audio and microphone sockets means no more crawling behind your PC to change your USB device or audio configuration.
- Enhanced multiple key presses in gaming areas for complex in-game commands.
- Adjustable wrist rest and keyboard rake angle (front and back).
- Gold-plated connectors for USB and audio.
The Cyborg V.7 Keyboard is a larger than its predecessor, the V.5. It is larger compared to most keyboard on the market now, but its quality definetly makes up for it. With a sleek black and grey design, the V.7 keyboard is a must have
Users will have the possibilty to choose between 5 different backlight colours and will be able to mix it up with the very special „Cyborg Mode“. What is the „Cyborg Mode“ you may ask? Well, it is a special mode that allows you to set different parts of your keyboard to a different colours. As a example, if you like those nice late night games, you will be able to change the colour of your W,A,S,D keys to differ from the Keyboard itself. The „Cyborg Mode“ is controlled from the top of the keyboard by clicking the funky Cyborg logo.for any computer fanatic out there.
The top Control Panel on the keyboard does not only control the „Cyborg Mode“, but you will also be able to mute the sound, change the volume and choose how light or dark you want the backlighting to be.
On the side of the keyboard, similar to the V.5 (On the V.5 they were at the top), you have your 12 programmable macro keys, that you can program to fit your needs with the Cyborg Software. The front of the keyboard contains your usual wrist stand, that comes with the keyboard. It adds a lot of comfort for your keyboard, especially for people who set their keyboard to the highest level. There is a total of three hight level you will be able to choose from.
As said in the previous paragraph, the Cyborg V.7 Keyboard has got Twelve Programmable Macro keys on the sides of the Keyboard. In order to program them, users need to download the Drivers and the Cyborg Smart Technology Center off the Cyborggaming.com website. After installing the Drivers and Software, you are able to start programming your keys.
The Program contains three buttons at the top, since each of the Cyborg products has got its on seperate Cyborg Smart Technology Center, the first button shows what product are you currently using the Center for. On the second page called „Programming“ is where the Programming begins. At first it might seem a bit hard, but with the „Support“ button you are able to read Guides, that will help you programm each key.
V7 Saitek keyboard, durable, efficient and handy. Some of the key elements that this keyboard has to offer, not to mention the pretty volume and back lights on offer, that will make you think this keyboard is special and you know what? IT IS!
With efficieny being a key for gamers, the extra keys on each side of this keyboard offer binds and quick buttons for any game mode. In conjunction with this, an easy to use programmble software profiler can store your binds for one game but also store for another. So if you are a professional gamer and also a caster directing with this keyboard can be one less hassle for you.
My favourite part of this keyboard is the use of a USB HUB and audio jacks on the keyboard, which will save the pain and time for trying to put various USB peripherals and audio pins in.
The Cyborg V.7 Keyboard definetly is a must have for any game fanatic out there. With a number of key features on offer, the V.7 is excellent for anyone who likes to play for hours in a row and likes to play during nights. On sale for £74.99 pounds at the GameShark Store, the Cyborg V.7 Keyboard is definetly worth the money.